From the International President
In the mid 1990′s God gave Youth for Christ a new ‘vision’: As part of the Body of Christ, to see that every young person in every people group in every nation has the opportunity to make an informed decision to be a follower of Jesus Christ and become part of a local church.
We all need visions and dreams to drive us into the future. We need to dream of what could be. In Youth for Christ the ‘dream’ that arises out of the vision is that one day we will be able to approach any teenager in any part of the world, ask if they know who Jesus is, and actually get an answer that they not only know who Jesus is, but also know where they can go, or who they can go to, to find out more about Him.
An impossible dream? Yes! But we follow the God of the impossible, the same God that commanded us to go out into the world and make disciples of all nations. Youth for Christ’s part of the Great Commission ‘dream’ is to give all young people in the world an ‘opportunity’ to know Jesus and have an everlasting relationship with Him.
Over the past few years the vision has driven us to undertake an extensive period of worldwide consultancy, restructure and planning, culminating in the development of an exciting and innovative Global Ministry Plan (GMP). We believe this GMP provides the framework and many of the tools we require to make reaching every young person a reality.
Youth for Christ’s International GMP involves:
- Mobilising young people all over the world to reach their friends through peer to peer evangelism initiatives.
- Developing young people to take on key leadership roles in Youth for Christ, the church and the local community.
- Engaging in strategic partnerships with other like-minded organizations to achieve a shared vision for the young people of the world.
- Being the catalyst for a massive prayer movement targeting the young people of the world.
- Training, encouraging and partnering with the local church in youth outreach ministry.
- Challenging, nurturing and equipping the young people we reach to live godly lifestyles, to be devoted to the Word of God and prayer, to have a passion for sharing the love of Christ and to be committed to addressing social needs in their community.
We are at the threshold of a new era for Youth for Christ and we ask that you, our ‘ministry partners’, walk into this new era with us. It is going to be an exciting and challenging journey, but I believe we will see tremendous blessing as the GMP is rolled out and young people are mobilised all over the world to reach their peers.
We are praying for you and asking our Lord to energize you with the same dreams and visions for the young people of the world that He has given us. May it be encouraging to you as you consider your involvement in the mission of Youth for Christ.
David has written two books. To discover more click on the images below: